Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delta connection main voltage measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthiban

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i have a microcontroller based three phase preventer to protect two phase running loads and which is old model and don't have display and keypad, now i like update that preventer to showing all parameter like phase and line voltage, current, frequency, phase sequence fault, over voltage and current. low current(dry run) and low voltage.

For star or 4 wire model i made a circuit as 230Vac - 12Vac(step down transformer) - fullwave rectifier - 7805, then finally i got 5v for controller circuits and i tied neutral wire to dc ground as common to measure a property of Ac mains.

But in the case of delta or 3 wire model circuit like 440Vac - 12Vac - fullwave rectifier - 7805 , then finally i got 5v for controller circuits, but there is no neutral wire to create common path for measure. so i how do i measure voltage and current.

Voltage measurement done by resistive divider network, current measured by CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back