Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Synopsys IC Compiler II: error: input file has different precision length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm trying to read in a LEF/DEF in ICC2 library manager:
create_workspace tempWork -technology someTech.tf

I get error: Error: Length precision '4000' in the input file is not compatible with the length precision '10000' used in the current library. (LIB-055)

I try to do: set_attribute -name length_precision -value 4000 but i get an error: Must specify one of these options: -objects or pos_object_list. (CMD-004)
[the documentation does say u must have a -object switch, but what do i do with it? i havent dealt with this much before so i dont know what an object is or what to use for it. my commands are simply supposed to be:

create_workspace tempWork -technology someTech.tf
read_lef someLef.lef
and that's it. with a different technology it worked, but this second technology im trying to use it doesnt work. i have more than one type of technology. I work at a semiconductor company as an intern.
Any help? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back