Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Practical distance sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazem_95

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Optimum Distance sensor

I am looking for a distance sensor with an accuracy of 1 mm to be used to measure small distances in a rigid wall.

Re: Optimum Distance sensor

You could specify for which application is planning to use, such as whether to measure exactly the distance, or whether you just need to know if any displacement occurred within the measured distance along the time. For measure a range so small it is unlikely that it will find anything off the shelf.

Stud sensor gizmos might supply an interesting principle for you to explore. The early Zircon model measures the dielectric constant (according to the description). This parameter is associated with capacitance.

I have an early Zircon stud sensor with 5 led's. Fewer of them are lit as I pull it away from a wall. It is not calibrated so it cannot measure to the millimeter. However if you can find out how this concept works you might be able to adapt it for your purposes.

Didn't mention the intended measurement range.

Hello everyone ! I need your advice to find a distance sensor with an accuracy of 1 mm and a range of 5 to 10 cm .
Thanks in advance and I appreciate your help !

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you even searched with the appropriate filters on supplier websites that have parametric search tools ? Digikey is an example, whose "Part and Inventory Search" banner is on the main page of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back