Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAC, audio amp to audio jack connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimkess

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am not sure whether my connection is correct. I want to output audio from microcontroller to audio jack. Below is my connection:

MCU --> DAC(PCM1789) -- > LPF/differential to single ended buffer --> audio stereo amplifier(TPA6138A2) --> audio jack

I am not sure whether this would work.

1) From PCM1789 datasheet, the outputs are differential output. The TPA6138A inputs are differential input. So should I be connecting PCM1789 directly to TPA6138A2 bypassing the LPF/differential to single ended buffer?

2) PCM1789 datasheet recommends connecting output of PCM1789 to LPF/differential to single ended buffer the circuit of which is also provided. But if I do so I have single ended output and the TPA6138A2 wants differential inputs.

3) Lastly, how do I calculate the voltage amplitude level after the final stage at the audio jack? What is the general step to calculate audio amplitude level for headset or headphone?

I appreciate any help

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back