Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

alumina snap tool for prototyping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for a tool to snap hardboard (alumina, etc) to length.
It was years back and I am picturing it was something like a small ceramic tile snap tool.
It's nothing that could be used for mass production but handy for prototyping.

tnx,
GE

just go to home depot and get a tile scorer. its a hand held knife with a carbide tip blade. Should be able to score a line, then use pliers like above to break it relatively clean. Alumina is non-crystaline, so it will not really ***** in a perfect straight line like glass would.

any sort of tiny water fed diamond disc drill will cut it cleanly. Maybe look on a glassblowers supply website.

Appreciate the replys Biff44 & Externet. That's my "Plan B" but if I remember right it looked like a small version of a Tile cutter or snapping tool. Pic of Tile cutter below. Tile Cutter.JPG

Go trough these results, it may turn on some light... or plan C.

----> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pc+board+shear&iax=1&ia=images

none of those will cut thru alumina. It is too hard. You need to score and snap OR cut with a diamond saw blade

- - - Updated - - -

Appreciate the replys Biff44 & Externet. That's my "Plan B" but if I remember right it looked like a small version of a Tile cutter or snapping tool. Pic of Tile cutter below.View attachment 140220

that will certainly snap a substrate into pieces...but not with any sort of precision....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back