Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connect 90 degrees to the VIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

azadfalah

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends

if i Connect line 90 degrees to the VIA Is this standard work?

Untitled.png

Thank

The drill-to-drill clearance design rule might be violated.

If your drill diameter specification refers to finished (through plated) holes, 4 mils clearance means that the originally drilled holes are actually touching. Most PCB manufacturers will reject the design.

Regular design rules expect separated via pads for same net.

if i Connect line 90 degrees to the VIA Is this standard work?

Why do you want to add two neighbor vias at the same track ? The purpose of the via is to change the layer on routing, and it was already made with the first one.

Why do you want to add two neighbor vias at the same track ? The purpose of the via is to change the layer on routing, and it was already made with the first one.

It could be for increased current capabilities. From his image, it looks like the two traces are going to ground. I often did this with high power traces.

It could be for increased current capabilities. From his image, it looks like the two traces are going to ground. I often did this with high power traces.

I also often spread some vias along the ground plane or over thin tracks carryng high currents changing the layer in a populated board, anyway even not considering a further pouring plane at the routing stage, it should be considered to enlarge the width of the above track. For the purpose of carrying ground current I would use a track thicker than the via external dimension. It seems to have enough space there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back