Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Input selector from two 8-bit digital port

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackobian

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to know how to select between two 8-bit digital input port connected the the same xilinx input port

Re: Input selector from two 8-bit digital port

Hi,

What is a "xilinx input port"?
How are they connected to "the same port"? Show a schematic.

Maybe you mean an 8 channel MUX?

Klaus

Untitled.png
I need to know what might be green BOX

Hi,

We can give only as good answers as your given informations.
You give only poor informations. So it's more a riddle than a technical question for us.

Isn't an 8 bit bus MUX what you need?

What is your "XILINX"?
--> XILINX is just a brand name. This company produces a lot of different ICs with different I/O standards.

A digital port can be bidirectional or unidirectional.
It may be slow or fast.
It may be 1.8V levels, it may be 5V CMOS levels, it might be 5V TTL levels..or any other standard. Or mixed standards?

Usually an 8 bit ADC has three state outputs and doesn't need any MUX...just control signals (maybe: /CS, /Rd, /Wr..)

What is your other digital input? Maybe here simple resistors, or an octal three state buffer, or a bus switch...is the solution. How can we know?

Why don't you use 16 inputs to your "XILINX"?

Klaus

My Xilinx is "xc6slx9-2tqg144c ". and i need to to connect adc output to my xilinx, but i need to connect other digital data (switch on-off) to the same input of my xilinx

My Xilinx is "xc6slx9-2tqg144c ". and i need to to connect adc output to my xilinx, but i need to connect other digital data (switch on-off) to the same input of my xilinx

Once again a lack of (or misleading) information.

Why do you need to connect the switch (on-off of what?) to the same input?

Do you mean you need to individually switch on or off the input bit associated with that 8-bit data from the ADC. If so shorting the output of the ADC and the "switches" is not the way to do this.

I suspect you don't understand what you are supposed to design.

Need 2 line to 1 line selector compatible IC from the market

i need to select on of two input port of 8-bit by selector, does any one know an IC on the market does what i need
Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back