Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Confused with Hall Value changes motor application

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsman

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am bit confused with controlling the 3 phase BLDC motor based on hall values. We have to switch the legs based on hall value change, what is the maximum delay that is acceptable from hall change to switching legs. What happens in this region of delay? What is the effect on the system performance? Please help.

Hi,

even 15° (electrical) shouldn´t give a big problem, so relax. It just may reduce max. torque a bit ... and in your case it will reduce RPM.
But I recommend to stay within 5°.

Klaus

Thank you for the reply. But I wanted to know in terms of time. Because after detecting hall change it is taking around some 20us (and this value is not fixed it keeps varying) to switch the legs.

Hi,

But I wanted to know in terms of time.

Impossible for us to say this in "time", because it depends on maximum RPM and on polepairs.
--> I´m sure you can do the calculations on your own.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.