Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIm808 2G speed problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaybhavsar

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am using SIm808 module in my application.i have put it in transparent mode.I want to send data to server over TCP.What is the maximum i can get in kbps?What will happen if my controller sends data with higher speed than that of 2G speed...Will my data be lost?

The transmission speed limit in practice may vary depending on many external factors, particularly the mobile telephony operator, therefore regardless of any bare estimate of the sending rate based on product datasheet, the implementation of a protocol with confirmation of receipt is mandatory. In other words, most likely, the transmit rate will be rather a performance parameter to be assessed than a design specification itself.

for 2g module.if i put it in transparent mode.what speed should i configure uart so that there will b no data loss?

what speed should i configure uart so that there will b no data loss?
You have just rephrased the same question as if you clearly had not read what was written above, but I will repeat what was answered in a shorter fashion: "There is no way to ensure no data loss without confirmation of receipt". Anyway, if you insist on getting an unrealistic response, the maximum baud rate - that you could have easily obtained from the product datasheet - is 115,200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back