Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone please help me with using IC Compiler II to get and place pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm very new to this. I loaded a LEF (layout exchange format) into ICC2. I want to grab all the pins and their directions, and place them on the block to create a verilog file with all the pins.

I did:
Code:
create_lib -technology <techfile.tf> my_lib1
create_block my_block1
read_tech_lef myDesign.lef

I am stuck here. Obviously if I do verilogout myDesign.v it outputs a verilog file with a top module that's empty. How do I make it output a verilog with all the pins? (called stub verilog/.vshell)

Please help! Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

in icc2_lm_shell (library manager) i converted the lef design into a .ndm design. However in icc2_shell, it doesnt recognize "read_ndm" command. How do i read in the .ndm and then write verilog?

- - - Updated - - -

I managed to open_lib the .ndm file. However, it is a "Frame" view, and write_verilog doesnt work with Frame view. There are "Design" and "Layout" views, how can i convert it to one of those to use with write_verilog?

please see my other post on the same question. ICC is not the right tool for this task.

Hi, I saw your post. I believe that too, however my manager is pushing to figure it out. I managed to go far enough in the tool to show him that its not possible, but he's still pushing for it. So I believe you because I tried myself, but what is there to say or show to convince him?
Thank you

however my manager is pushing to figure it out. I managed to go far enough in the tool to show him that its not possible, but he's still pushing for it.
Probably because someone did what ThisIsNotSam suggested and now your clueless manager thinks that it can be done with ICC.
majd229 said:
So I believe you because I tried myself, but what is there to say or show to convince him?
You can't convince them, managers like that are too closed minded and clueless about even simple stuff. If you do what NotSam suggested and pretend you got ICC to do it, that will make the idiot manager happy and perhaps you'll have a good reference (though an utterly worthless reference ;-)).

Hi, I saw your post. I believe that too, however my manager is pushing to figure it out. I managed to go far enough in the tool to show him that its not possible, but he's still pushing for it. So I believe you because I tried myself, but what is there to say or show to convince him?
Thank you

Show him my CV, tell him that my word is gospel. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back