Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP8266 01 wifi module transmit data to a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalani0088

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to transmit some which data grabs trough a atmega micro controller to a my pc through the wifi module ESP8266 01 , can I just connect the wifi module to get these data or should I pre program this module in order to send the data to pc? I'm not sure what to do exactly,

any help ???

thank you

you can remove the atmega, and use the esp8266 as the main processor, programing it with the arduino ide.
then look at the examples "wifi server" inside the arduino ide.

...or should I pre program this module in order to send the data to pc?

Instead of continuously sending locally acquired data to the host, the most usual approach is to have the module responding to client commands. This means that you will certainly choose for install the firmware of a web server in the module, which will be instantiated as a webpage, which means that some app on PC will send URL statements and get its responses.

Thank you so much for all of your responses

at the moment I don't want to program esp wifi module as the main processor, I just want to grab the digital out put through rx tx pins and send them to a web page like thingspeaks to display them. Do I have to program both the module and atmega328 controller ignorer to do this? I'm struggling to get this done, Any help?

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of continuously sending locally acquired data to the host, the most usual approach is to have the module responding to client commands. This means that you will certainly choose for install the firmware of a web server in the module, which will be instantiated as a webpage, which means that some app on PC will send URL statements and get its responses.

Could you please explain this in more simple way.. I am little bit new ..

Thank you so much

at the moment I don't want to program esp wifi module as the main processor, I just want to grab the digital out put through rx tx pins and send them to a web page like thingspeaks to display them. Do I have to program both the module and atmega328 controller ignorer to do this?

I didn't understand the exact question, but there are nice tutorials on the Web explaining how to set up a cloud based system with this spcific service you mentioned, but most of them are for Arduino - which perhaps is your case. As recommended above, you'd better consider only ESP8266 acting as CPU, otherwise you'll have to deal with 2 'smart' systems, and the task of debugging each one will be more laborious.

example of ONE esp8266 sending datas to thingspeak directly
**broken link removed**

Not long ago I was playing with the ThingSpeak service with the purpose evaluate the possibility of inserting the event chart monitored by ESP8266 and the result was very cool as can be seen here: https://thingspeak.com/channels/300...0&dynamic=true&results=60&type=line&update=15
Each device can be mapped with a separate ID for each field and we can place the generated URL in an application of a mobile phone for example with a simple webviewer.

example of ONE esp8266 sending datas to thingspeak directly
**broken link removed**

lots of examples for esp8266 and sending datas :
https://www.google.com/search?q=esp8266+thingspeak

I hav gone through these examples. I have a question. These examples they use DHT11 sensor with the library DHT11 in their codes. But here I'm not using those type of sensor, I just want to program the module such a way it will grab the data serial trough RX TX pins and send them all to thingspeaks. I don't know how to alter my coding in order to do this

Any help?

These examples they use DHT11 sensor with the library DHT11 in their codes.

But here I'm not using those type of sensor,

I don't know how to alter my coding in order to do this

Any help?

It is not a specific question; You are essentially saying that there is an example there that does not exactly match what you want? I assume you're not expecting anyone to do this job for you.

I think after spending lot of time reading and watching you tube vedios my question is atleast now clear to me... What I want to do exactly is use my Wifi module as a web server.. and displays all the data coming through hardware rx tx , on either pc serial montor or web page..

to do this I don't know which code should I add to print all the data recives through the rx tx of the esp module continuously...
for example c

client.print ("hello")
will just print hello on the client
but I want to print all the data coming through rx tx ... I don't know how to change this

please help

... I don't know how to change this

please help

You did not read enough; there are lot of examples on these videos showing either how to get data from the ESP8266 webserver as well as how to send data to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back