Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Why the Footprint of breakaway headers doesn't fit on PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajiknomi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to place these male headers on my PCB.

images1.jpg

I have searched for its footprint and print it out on paper but when i try to place the actual header on printed page, there is a small distance error which results in the header pins not actually fitting in the holes.

20170722_102820.jpg

The footprint i am using is in pinhead library, and it actually matches the 2.54mm (0.1") pitch pin headers dimensions, therefore, i haven't bother myself to make footprint myself. What could be the possible problem ?

P.S: I have checked the printed footprint using a ruler and the measurement shows that PITCH i.e. center-to-center distance is a not accurately 0.1'' but instead ~0.098''.

Last edited:

The footprint may be fine. Your printer is probably scaling things. Check it is set to 100%. Print a line and see if the length is correct.

It happens because your printer doesn't print exactly to scale. Check the printer menu options. You may have selected "fit to page". If not, there should be a percent scaling option, set it to e.g. 102 %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back