Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone that is familiar with Synopsys IC Compiler II and .LEF design format, help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone thats familiar with Synopsys IC Compiler II and .LEF design format, help me!

Hello,

I'm an engineering intern at a semiconductor company. I was told to figure out a way to use ICC2 to build a verilog interface pinout file (called a verilog stub, vshell, or interface file I believe) that has the pinout information of the design in verilog format, using the .LEF file as an input.
I was given no guidance at all, and was told that "You owe yourself to do research". All I have is the help/user manual of ICC2 and no idea of anything other than that. I managed to read_lef using ICC2 to load the LEF into it, but how do I go about building a verilog pinout stub/vshell/interface file?

I'm internally panicking, any help is appreciated. Thank you

Re: Anyone thats familiar with Synopsys IC Compiler II and .LEF design format, help m

Hello,

I'm an engineering intern at a semiconductor company. I was told to figure out a way to use ICC2 to build a verilog interface pinout file (called a verilog stub, vshell, or interface file I believe) that has the pinout information of the design in verilog format, using the .LEF file as an input.
I was given no guidance at all, and was told that "You owe yourself to do research". All I have is the help/user manual of ICC2 and no idea of anything other than that. I managed to read_lef using ICC2 to load the LEF into it, but how do I go about building a verilog pinout stub/vshell/interface file?

I'm internally panicking, any help is appreciated. Thank you

ICC doesn't help you at all so ignore that. What company are you interning at? That's awful advice.

A simple parser is what you need. There is a free LEF parser from si2. This task can done in like 2h by someone experienced. Maybe 2 days for you to figure out how to modify the C++ parser to work your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back