Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Width DRC error in Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimaKilani

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm using eagle to design a PCB. In the layout, I got a width error. The trace width is 0.1mm and the minimum width is set to 0.005mm. I'm wondering where does this error come from?

I created another dummy layout and I use the same DRC setting as in the previous one and it has no error. Any explanation for that?!

Thanks.

Dima

Hi,

This is only a vague description. Impossible to reproduce it.

Maybe show us: .brd, .erc, .drc files
Or a screenshot with the error description and the error position and layer.

Klaus

no_error.PNGerror.PNGminimum_width.PNGerror_reduced.PNG

I attached the photos. The first one where I have no trace routing and there is no error. The second photo is when I route, it gives me an error although the trace width>0.005mm as shown in the third photo. Now, i tried to increase the trace width to 0.3mm and the number of errors is reduced from 5 to 4 as shown in the 4th photo.

Please, advise.

You may be looking for the wrong DRC rules. Do you have additional width rules for net classes in effect?

You are right. I didn't know that I need to look at the net classes. The default minimum width was 0.3mm so that is why when I increased the trace width to 0.3mm the error was removed. It makes sense now. Thank you very much for your help. Appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back