Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Selection of Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

lallit.55

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Techies,

I am working on a 4G/LTE router hardware design and currently at Microcontroller selection stage.
Design is going to have following interfaces:
5 Digital I/O's
5 Analog I/O's
2 RJ45 port – Ethernet Connectivity
2 RS232/RS 485 Port
2 USB Ports
1 HDMI Port
LTE/4G Cellular Connectivity/GSM Connectivity
Wireless Connectivity - Wifi/ LoRa / Sigfox / LowPan

I have 2 controllers in mind: Microchip ATSAMA5D36 & TI CC3220.
It would be great to have few suggestions on controller/processors which support above interfaces at minimum processing power possible.

Regards,
Lalit

1 HDMI Port you need SOC with integrated video hardware. None of listed have one. HDMI for video display is something different than HDMI-CEC

Hi,

Specify USB ports: device, host, OTG.

Klaus

With the above specifications, I would consider using some Cortex-A8, for example the Allwinner-A10 for which you could even find lot of development boards from different brands.

Hi Klaus,

USB ports are device and OTG.

Thanks,
Lalit

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Andre,

Allwinner-A10 is a good controller but I cannot go with the Chinese product as of now.
How about i.MX537 from NXP? This seems to be a suitable one.

Regards,
Lalit

Sometimes, to make the right choice, you have to consider not only the hardware platform itself, but also the popularity of the core, which translates into more development kits available and possible further support. As for this NXP stuff I do not know, but have you tried to find out what development kits are based on it as well as the size of the user community on the manufacturer's forum or third-party partner kits ?

Status
Not open for further replies.