Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Encounter LEF POLYGON error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcaduser

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I get the following "invalid" polygon error when reading in my LEF file. This polygon describes a port on the standard cell and therefore I cannot route to the macro because of this error.

#WARNING (NRFL-176) invalid polygon point list.
#WARNING (NRDB-733) PIN B in CELL_VIEW XOR,abstract does not have physical port.

This is the polygon shape of the port:
PORT
LAYER metal1 ;
POLYGON 0.305 0.875 0.565 0.875 0.82 0.875 0.82 0.525 0.945 0.525 0.945 0.66 0.89 0.66 0.89 0.945 0.565 0.945 0.305 0.945 ;
END

LEF file is specified to be Version 5.6, and I'm using Cadence Encounter v14.23

Is there a way way to fix this error?

The previous version of the library lef file used RECT to describe the ports and there were no issues with that. Is there an automated way to convert the POLYGON to rectangle?

thanks!!

This is a 3rd party provided library.

Thanks!

first thing I would try is to draw that polygon, see if it is valid.
second, you can update your encounter. it's really old.

Thank you -- what version of encounter would you recommend for supporting POLYGON format in LEF file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back