Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

micro usb connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimkess

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i have question about the micro usb shield connector question. should the usb shield connector(6,7 pin) be connected to the ground as shown in attached picture?

Attachments

• usb-micro.png
    usb-micro.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 92

This connection is ok for DIY project where you don't have to worry about EMI. Nothing wrong with that.

i looked at different usb micro B connection, i see different interfacing circuits such as the D+,D- are sometimes directly connected, sometimes they put resistors(22ohm or 27ohm) resistors and also capacitors to the ground in the D+,D- lines. what is the difference? should we connect D+,D- directly to microcontroller or via resistors and capacitors to the ground?

shown in pictures below are examples

1.png2.png

Hi,

D+, D- connection: It depends on the controller.
--> look into the controller datasheet. Usually there you will find additional information.

Klaus

Klaus is right. Different manufacturers have different recommendations for USB connections. I have designed many boards with FTDI chips and have always used a combination of res/cap on data lines. This on some ocasions helps to pass EMC/EMI certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back