Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a power supply lt8390 HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOhmsForMe

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi so I'm working on my senior project and need help with creating a power supply I need for the supply to have a Vin of 4.75~36V, and have an output of 5V @ 3A I narrowed it down to this leaner tech (LT8390) synchronous buck boost but I can't configure the circuit to get my desired 5v@ 3A output could some one help me. IF possible could you do this in LT spice. how do i change this circuit to out put 5V@3A givne a VIN of 4.75-36V.

36933.png

Notice that to boost Vin a few percent (example, 4.75V to 5V), you need a duty cycle of over 90%. The remaining part of the cycle is restricted to a small time period. This severely restricts the amount of boost you can get from it.

The exception is if you can manage to obtain enormous input current. This is difficult when input voltage is a few V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back