Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which switch switch is good for long life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vraj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello sir,

i want to know which switch is commonly used ? my application is to increase and decreasing volume.
like this side switch 50pcs-3-6-3-5MM-3-6mm-Micro-font-b-Tactile-b-font-Tact-Keys-Buttons.jpg

because i found that type of switch isn't work for long time:sad:

is switch on pcb is good? is there possibility to loose its pin's connection with pcb?

and also advise me on-off switch (slide Or push).

is autoCAD fusion widely used for making models in industry?

do anyone has experience with making model ( plastic or steel or aluminium) ?
thanks this will help me alot,
vraj:thumbsup:

You're asking a lot of vague questions. Is switch on pcb good? How do you define "good"? Switches are mounted on PCBs all the time.

Is there possibility of pins becoming disconnected? How are you actuating it? How often?

Advise on slide or push? Which would you like?

Basically, better switches perform better.

Think about what you really want, what your environment is, etc. There's no way anybody can answer your questions.

Reactions: Vraj

Vraj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i asked this question because most of all components that laying around me, like my dad's car music player, my friend's home theater, and many more are having not working switch :!: i am going to make a audio system and i don't want to allow this:thumbsup:
my dad's car music player and my friend's home theater is also from well known company. so i have doubt

- - - Updated - - -

what about mouse's clicking switch? it has good life

i asked this question because most of all components that laying around me, like my dad's car music player, my friend's home theater, and many more are having not working switch :!: i am going to make a audio system and i don't want to allow this my dad's car music player and my friend's home theater is also from well known company. so i have doubt

Vague questions can get only vague answers. Today there are many different kinds of switches in the market and you can certainly choose a good design.

...like my dad's car music player, my friend's home theater, and many more are having not working switch...

Are you sure that the mechanical part of the switch has actually failed? Most of these switches are just some signal to some microprocessor- the switch actually handles very little power (voltage or current)

Many of the consumer electronics are designed with a finite short life: often called planned obsolescence.

The switch used in common computer mouse is one of the cheapest and most widely used; if installed carefully (and this important; you should not be able to press it more than needed to turn it on) it will give you a good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back