Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fix setup requirement - Innovus/Tempus

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodrigoluizb

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

I am trying to fix some setup violations in my design. Most of the paths that are violating have a huge setup requirement (not the setup slack), around 350~400ps. I was able to reduce these values by increasing the strength of the capturing flop but it wasn't enough (was reduced by ~100ps). Do you guys have any other suggestions that I can try to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Rodrigo

sorry, makes no sense. do you have a spec of 400ps period that you can't meet? why are you doing timing optimizations by hand?

The thing is that it is not only a spec I can't meet but it is a value higher than it should be: there are other paths that has a setup req. of ~50ps. I was trying to work on the slew of the clock on both capture and launching flops but I didn't get where I wanted. I am doing this by hand bc I am working on a partition which was designed with unrealistic insertion delay. Now that we are analyzing the top level, there are a couple of viols that showed up. Some of them happen to suffer from this high setup req. values.

~50ps is only enough to put something like 2-3 std cells in an advanced technology node. you can't do much with that. if you take setup time away, you are left with ~40ps for a path. it's ridiculously low.

I don't see a solution other than rework the poorly designed parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back