Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching From STM32 to other family MCU products ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm_fa_da

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Recently i faced problems for availability of STM32L0 series MCUs in market.
Unfortunately some products of ST like Mems and MCUs are very good in specs and price but there is always market availability problems for them.

I prefer to keep a second solution for designing circuits not based on ST products.
STM32 series MCUs are very good, specially SMT32Cube software helps so much in project development.

Now, which MCU family do you recommend to go on instead of STM32 ... ? and do it have software like STM32CubeMX ? how about specs and price ...
the most important for my projects is mostly ultra low power consumption (MCU is mostly on sleep or standby mode). no need for high calculation or processing power.
I mostly use 1-2Mhz CPU clock for my projects.

I've seen MSP430 series MCUs, but does it have a software like STM32CubeMX ? how about something like ST HAL libraries ?

Thanks

Hello!

There is also something to help MSP430 design. It's called GRACE. I have never used it
because I have a lot of code for MSP and I also have my home-brew code generator,
but I guess it's worth trying.
As for the HAL like libraries, that must be a matter of taste. It's handy, but it can be
inefficient. I heard ST has some low level libraries, but unfortunately not yet available
for F7 pr H7 series.

Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.