Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP8266 Interface with AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

yadavaprasath

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai.. I am trying to setup TCP/IP connection between AVR controller and server. i have given 3.3v supply to esp8266 module but i have connected tx of microcontroller directly to 8266. But When i communicate 8266 module directly using terminal software with baudrate 115200 its responding perfectly. But when i try to send commands through my controller garbage values only sending.. Pls help me.

Hi,

* baudrate mismatch
* transmit parameter mismatch
* signal level or polarity mismatch?

We can not verify this, because you don't give enough informations.

Klaus

also please know that you can program the esp8266 directly with the arduino ide, you dont need the AVR
also the commands for the esp8266 will be far more effective than the AT commands you're trying to use from the AVR.

One can try sending UDP packets to check if the module is working.
sending this command AT+CIPSTART="UDP","192.168.0.102",555,556 should setup udp at IP: 192.168.0.102 with port 555(destination port for testing PC ) and 556 (as receiving port for module)

if sending data from a micro-controller one should be sending "AT+CIPSTART="UDP","192.168.0.102",555,556\r\n" as the string.

at the PC end try using an open source tool called script communicator for receiving UDP packets to check if data is being received.
try sending some data using AT+CIPSNED sommand to see if you can send some data from the module to the test pc

Thank you for your suggestions. N i can able to send the commands to the 8266 module. I had changed baudrate as 9600 and then i can able to send the commands.

Hi all. Now i can able to connect to my wifi network without any problem. But i cannot able to connect with sample server. Please help me out !

I have attached my terminal monitor screenshot.

Untitled.png

You dont seems to observer what you are doing. Read something about networking too. Expecting forums to spoon feed is not good.
When you configured the DHCP setting you didnt wait for the module to disconnect and reconnect to the network.
You sent the At+CIPSTART command immediately. Your module reconnected to the access point when it responded
WIFI connected and the previous AT+CIPSTART command would have become void/irrelevant.

Hence wait for a second or so for the DHCP command to complete execution and reconnect to WIFi then send the CIPSTART command followed by
CIPSENd command.

Now i can able to perfectly publish the data to server through MQTT. I didnt use the aurduino IDE. i have used atmega16 for interfacing with ESP8266.. But now my problem is that i can able to publish the data from my controller but i couldnt able to subscribe the data from the same topic.

Can you tell me what is the correct format to subscribe the data from the specified topic??

Yadavaprasath,
You don't seem to get the essence of forums or the protocol of asking questions, we are not here to solve your problems.
You are supposed to describe your problem and give some background information.
From your message given above nether can I make any head or tail of what you are writing.
What service you are using for MQTT? What is the objective of your project.
For MQTT you can refer to **broken link removed** document,
I used ESP8266 for UDP packets and not TCP/IP hence I cant give you more inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.