Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Calculate logical effort for Pseudo-nmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherline123

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi~
I was reading some materials and confusing about logical efforts. I did make a search at here but seem none of them can clear my doubts.
From my understandings, logical effort is measuring ability to deliver current when compared to an inverter.
That's why we get G for inverter =1; while NAND=4:3; NOR=4:3

When it goes to Skew gates, it seem to be more complicated. We got rising and falling logical efforts. So we need to compare to an unskewed version of inverter which rising and falling. An unskew rising inverter is 2:1 ratio of P to Nmos while falling will be 1:0.5. So did this mean we need to convert a given logic gate into a rising version and a falling version if we want to calulate its logical effort?

Things are getting more complicated when it go to Pseudo-nmos. I don't understand how to calculate the logical effort of rising and falling for Pseudo-nmos at all. Kindly explain and clear my doubts. :cry::cry::cry:

Re: [Moved]: Logical Efforts - Please help

No: 5:3

When it goes to Skew gates, it seem to be more complicated. We got rising and falling logical efforts. So we need to compare to an unskewed version of inverter which rising and falling. An unskew rising inverter is 2:1 ratio of P to Nmos while falling will be 1:0.5. So did this mean we need to convert a given logic gate into a rising version and a falling version if we want to calulate its logical effort?

Things are getting more complicated when it go to Pseudo-nmos. I don't understand how to calculate the logical effort of rising and falling for Pseudo-nmos at all. Kindly explain and clear my doubts.

This book explains the method in great detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back