Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HIP4080A Controlling pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMelon

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HIP Divider.png

I tried to test the truth table on page 6 of HIP4080A's datasheet. I set up a simple circuit in the attachment. I held DIS pin low to enable the IC, and HEN pin low to disable upper mosfets. According to the truth table, I want to see if I the logic IN+>IN- changes from 0 to 1, the only lower mosfet getting turned on will change from ALO to BLO or not. This was done by holding IN- constant at 3.28Vdc, and tuning the voltage at IN+ by using the voltage divider.
Here is the result:

IN- : Held constant at 3.28Vdc
1) IN+>IN- = 0 (IN+ = +1.2Vdc).............V(BLO) - V(BLS) = 12Vdc, V(ALO) - V(ALS) = 0V
2) IN+>IN- = 1 (IN+ = +4.20Vdc)...........V(BLO) - V(BLS) = 12Vdc, V(BLO) - V(BLS) = 0V

According to the page 6 truth table, in the first case, ALO mosfet was supposed to be "ON" ,V(ALO)-V(ALS) = 12V, and BLO mosfet was supposed to be "OFF", V(BLO)-V(BLS) = 0V. And, it should be the other way around for the second case.

Did I violate something in the datasheet?

Thank You

EDIT:
Thank you. To correct the typo, it is supposed to be...
IN- : Held constant at 3.28Vdc
1) IN+>IN- = 0 (IN+ = +1.2Vdc).............V(BLO) - V(BLS) = 12Vdc, V(ALO) - V(ALS) = 0V
2) IN+>IN- = 1 (IN+ = +4.20Vdc)...........V(BLO) - V(BLS) = 12Vdc, V(ALO) - V(ALS) = 0V

I mean that since HEN is held at 0V, IN+>IN- logic adjusted by the potentiometer can yield only two results highlighted in yellow on my new attachment. In one case, the ALO will be turned on, the other is that BLO will be turned on.
What I have got are always-on BLO, and always-off ALO. The IC neglects IN+>IN- logic! T_T

Here is the truth table showing "two results highlighted in yellow" that I said about on my previous reply.
TTBL.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.