Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to apply set_property ALLOW_COMBINATORIAL_LOOPS TRUE to pass combinatorial loops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

While I was searching for a solution that I have like this in Vivado, I have a problem of the combinatorial loop in my design targeting design of a ring oscillator. Can anyone please let me know in the following command what should I add in my xdc file to make it run?? [get_nets] ?? [get_pins] ?? [get_ports] ?? or etc. ?? I did all trials but it does not work !!
Thank you so much,

set_property ALLOW_COMBINATORIAL_LOOPS TRUE ...??

Dear all,

While I was searching for a solution that I have like this in Vivado, I have a problem of the combinatorial loop in my design targeting design of a ring oscillator. Can anyone please let me know in the following command what should I add in my xdc file to make it run?? [get_nets] ?? [get_pins] ?? [get_ports] ?? or etc. ?? I did all trials but it does not work !!
Thank you so much,

combinational loops make the tools go crazy because they can't time. it's either poor coding or an exercise in futility.

combinational loops make the tools go crazy because they can't time. it's either poor coding or an exercise in futility.

So, what is the solution?? How can it let us process with our design when we must have a mandatory combinatorial loop like ring oscillators in our design? What should be written in front of my earlier post to let the tool to execute it??

No one builds an FPGA design with ring oscilators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back