Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

portforwarding in a telnet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

julian403

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, to access to a private ip through a router with NAT I always use portforwarding in putty but the connection is SSH. Now I have a modem wich it's a """router"""" (with triple "") too and there is just a telnet client running in that modem (a satlink modem). How can I made a port forwarding to access the private ip?

Regards.

May be I don't understand your question completely. A Putty tunnel is made to a remote SSH server. The port forwarding aspect in this case it that you connect to a port created by Putty on your local computer which is forwarded to the SSH server.

The router might forward SSH connections to a SSH server in the remote network. Or other specific connection requests at standard ports (e.g. (s)ftp, (s)http, etc.) or specifically assigned ports to a computers in the remote network.

port forwarding "in a telnet connection" makes no sense.

Thanks, FvM but I can't understand why
port forwarding "in a telnet connection" makes no sense.

In the other hand. How I can access to a remote system which it's in a private network if the modem-router has only telnet client?

What do you mean with "the modem-router has only telnet client"?

Is it a router (connecting more than one computer to the internet)?
Has it features to route ingoing connections to local computers?

The telnet client exposed by the router is probably for remote configuration purposes and has nothing to do with routing of ingoing connections.

The answer should be in the router specification and manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.