Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Melody tone for toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.
I am working on a project for toys where i need to make a inbuilt music system, where i will provide a small button, when a button is pressed the recorded music in *.wav format will play for atleast 15 seconds.
do i need any microcontroller to built this project. or any IC's are available in market where i can record my Music to the IC and then play it.

Have you never heard talk about play/recorder chips ?
The brand I have used and perhaps the easyest to find is the ISDxxxx familly.

thanks...
but NO.. i have never heard about any recorder chips...
this is the project i am working on for the first time.

Ok, there are also another cathegory of chips with which you can really play programmable scripts as tone of a variety of instruments, if I'm correct these ICs are comaptible with the MIDI, but they were not in fact used for toys, but rather with games and music instruments, but to be honest I do not remember the P/N of any one right now. The usage is more complex, you have to first play the music in some instrument, and then export the raw text result that would should be imported on the uC firmware, which would send it to the embedded IC, not a too simple process.

Ok, there are also another cathegory of chips with which you can really play programmable scripts as tone of a variety of instruments, if I'm correct these ICs are comaptible with the MIDI, but they were not in fact used for toys, but rather with games and music instruments, but to be honest I do not remember the P/N of any one right now. The usage is more complex, you have to first play the music in some instrument, and then export the raw text result that would should be imported on the uC firmware, which would send it to the embedded IC, not a too simple process.

Thanks.
I have come across one of the IC of ISD family as suggested by you. ISD1820. i am planning to go with this. As also ready modules are easily available for this IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.