Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Accelerating Under Load

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

These are scope shots of my project. The top pic is output of gen. 1. The bottom pic is input to gen. 2. In both photos the flattened off waveform is voltage and the other is off my current transformer.

Never had a scope before so I'm not sure how to interpret what I'm seeing. In the top photo the voltage and current appear to be more in phase so this should indicate that it is delivering real power. In the bottom photo I'm thinking that voltage and current are exactly 90 degrees out of phase. This would make sense because I suspect that it is a reactive load and that is why motor accelerates when I connect gen.2 in circuit. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also why is current more sinusoidal at output of gen.1. But more triangular shaped on gen.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back