Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Filter simulation from picture of layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtec

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I got just out of curiosity: today, I've been told that it is possible to perform a simulation in Momentum of a, let's say, microwave filter by only having a pdf with its layout, because Momentum is able to "recognize" it and generate a layout from it. It sounds really weird to me but I am not quite familiarised with ADS and I'm in doubt. Does anyone know if it is remotely true? In that case, how?

Thank you all in advance

I've been told that it is possible to perform a simulation in Momentum of a, let's say, microwave filter by only having a pdf with its layout, because Momentum is able to "recognize" it and generate a layout from it.

This is not an ADS feature. ADS can read the "standard" EDA/CAD file formats.

However, many years ago I used that workflow manually: Convert the bitmap into a vector drawing, save vector drawing in DXF format, import that DXF to the EM solver. Finally, scale layout to match the actual dimensions.

Reactions: emtec

emtec

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back