Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do hardware experiment on digital signa and adaptive signal processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,

I am a student and I am facing a problem to understand the digital signal processing. How I can do experiment to understand the basics of this. and what is the hardware approach I need to do get more knowledge on this. I am unable to understand anything until I get a physical approach. please suggest me such ckts and chip details so that I can do my experiment and also any reference book which contains these experiments. I have done few experiments on MATLAB but I want to do it on hands

thank you

Digital signal processing is fundamentally mathematical, to try to understand it from a hardware point of view is more difficult that understanding the underlying math. For example, a digital filter will consist of a number of multipliers and adders. To look at the actual multipliers (which will probably be implemented in an FPGA or DSP chip) is not going to really help you understand anything about DSP.

I would suggest you do experiments in MATLAB. You could also do things in C. Try designing and implementing some simple filters and observe what's going on that way. If you're familiar with FPGAs you could design something would fit into one, and then program it onto an inexpensive demo board.

Ok I appreciate what you say, but how this is helping to our technology. Where it is used. And what the industry people are doing in DSP. Finally it has to be used in some model.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll do some problems in MATLAB, please guide me. And also help me to picturise what will be hardware model and if feasible then the hardware approach too..
Thank you very for the suggestion sir

My personal experience is with FPGAs. In doing a dsp design I first generate the mathematical model, then write the code to implement it in the hardware (FPGA). For instance, I want an FIR filter. This gets represented mathematically as an equation with multipliers and adders. These multipliers and adders get physically implemented in the FPGA. (This is a bit of a simplification). I think you need to read up on DSP; you can learn just so much from this forum. There's plenty of information in the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back