Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium: How to restore hidden designators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanc1erz

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there :)
As I had no problem to hide all designators, because they mostly interrupt designing a PCB (espiecially, when there are loads of components not far away from each other), I have now some issues to restore it just to move them into the right places.

How did I hide them? RMB on designator -> find similar objects -> designator: same -> OK -> hide <tick> -> OK.

I tried to manually restore on and again click RMB, but hidden objects cannot be selected by this particular tool :/
I haven't seen any tip in Google and I am stuck :(

If someone could help - I would be very pleased :)

I just played around with it and found this: Select component/find similar object. In Inspector check Show Name. Apparently in Inspector "Name" is the same as "Designator". Why would Altium use two completely different identifiers for THE EXACT SAME THING? About the only answer I have is: because it's Altium.

Yes, thanks mate. I couldn't make it out how should I get all designators selected -> previously I had had manually selected component and made visible one designator, them "RMBed" it and showed similar component, however only this one was finally selected.
You put me on the right track - not to Find Similar Objects: Designators, but all components and reveal their names :) THANK YOU again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back