Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TimeQuest analysis for pulse width

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmood.n

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For a design, I changed the number of inputs and the bit width of the numbers. So, the synthesized design becomes large or smaller depending on the input sizes. However, the logic is the same. For example, for 10 numbers, 10 registers are used while for 400 numbers, 400 registers are used.

Using the timequest tool, I have noticed that the minimum pulse width (used for determining the clock period) and slack time are the same for large and small sizes. Is that normal? Since for big inputs, a larger area of the chip is used, I expect to see clock pulse differences.

Maybe I missed something. Please let me know.

Without knowing what the design actually is, no way to tell. Sounds like your design is really simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back