Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Ethernet with PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithun_K_Das

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to send or receive data through Ethernet using any module and PIC micro controller?

Arduino shield with arduino can be used but I want to do it using PIC microcontroller and modules like, W5500 Ethernet Network Module?

If so then give me some guideline... TIA

Do you want to build your own board or do you want to just try this out (i.e. use a development board)?
What sort of MCU are you looking at: 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit? Also what else does the MCU have to do - in particular what sort of ethernet interactions are you looking for: web server, device controller.....? This will help you determine how big a processor and how much memory you will need.
How much of the Ethernet controller do you want built in to the MCU - if 'none' then all you need to look at is the interface between the MCU and the ethernet device; if any other answer, then go to https://www.microchip.com/design-centers/ethernet/ethernet-pic-mcus/overview and start looking at the options.
Susan

I wan to use W5500 Ethernet Network Module and a PIC microcontroller. Total work for this project will be just to send 3/4 links only. If I use W5500 Ethernet Network Module then is there any PIC microcontroller that can be used for this job? Arduino Mega is easy to use for this job just a Shield is enough. But That will be a prototype. I want to make something dedicated for this work only and as small as possible keeping MCUs in DIP.

you can also use an atmega chip, it's like an arduino but the size of a chip. no need to reinvent the wheel with a pic if it works for you with an arduino.

Status
Not open for further replies.