Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage between a capacitor and the Base of BJT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay Vinay

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am designing a voltage doubler in my master project. I have a small doubt within the voltage doubler design. I need to know the voltage across the given net (that's between the capacitor and the base junction of the transistor). The input voltage (vinp) is 2.37V and the value of capacitance , C = 2pF. While calculating the value of the net34 (the net marked in pink) in Cadence virtuoso 0.1.6, I found out to be 1.5V. My question is how the value is 1.35V and how exactly I need to calculate the nodal voltage between the capacitor and the base of the transistor (net 34 voltage). Is there any particular formula for calculating it? Help is appreciated.

Thanks
volt_doub.jpeg

I don't see any DC bias on the base of the transistor. The transistor will turn on once when voltage is applied to the base cap. but after the cap is charged, nothing.
Even if you apply ACto the cap, it won't discharge because the base junction acts like a diode.

See the two sets of series resistors next to each transistor. I suspect the base of the transistor was suppose to tie to those points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back