Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Universal Input to 12V Buck converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

CataM

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am trying to simulate a Buck Converter which uses the UCC28710 controller in OrCAD Pspice but it is not working. Not working means it shows an output voltage of micro volts, instead of 12 V.
The circuit schematic given by TI is attached.
My schematic in order to simulate it is below. I have connected the CBC pin via 10 Meg Ohm resistor to GND pin because it is not possible to let it floating.

I also attached all the parts needed in order to do the simulation in the zip called "additional parts" if someone wants to try it out. It includes the following:
  • UCC28710
  • ES1G diode (could not find ES1J)
  • std3nk60zt4 MOSFET

Can anyone help me make the simulation work ?

Thank you for your time !

Attachments

• Universal Input to 12V Buck -TI(schematic).pdf
    102.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Additional parts.rar
    14.1 MB · Views: 63

I have simulated it with TINA TI V9 with the same result. Below is a picture of a 21 seconds transient analysis.At least TINA TI let me simulate it without connecting the CBC pin.

Output voltage:

Attached is the TINA TI schematic with the MACRO models needed if someone wants to try it out.

Attachments

• Buck bias supply.rar
    211.2 KB · Views: 69

Status
Not open for further replies.