Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant voltage SMPS 15 v and 20ampere

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilayshah812

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need help with the design of 300 wattage constant voltage supply for led strip constant voltage 15 voltage and current 20 ampere. I want to know which MOSFET are used and how transformer is designed and which topology is best suitable.

Hi,

Buy one.
It seems you are not very experienced with electronics, therefore start with simpler applications.
An SMPS not an easy task.

And: I doubt you can build your own cheaper than the mass produced SMPS. They are proven, take care about safety regulations, are EMC/EMI compliant, take care about power factor, usually have short circuit protection....

Klaus

Thanks for the reply, I have already designed SMPS with buck and boost topology upto 25 watt and with constant current supply. I am confused between the MOSFET being used in constant voltage supply and the design topology.

Hi,

A 300W SMPS is not much different from a 25W SMPS.
You have to follow the same rules. Usualky given in the SMPS controller datasheet.

Where exactely is the problem?

Klaus

Thanks for the reply. I want to know the topology that is better suited for 300 watts. Also I would like to know the IC and MOSFET used in the design. Else if you can share a sample design of 300 watt SMPS constant voltage will also help.

Hi,

I'd go to some SMPS IC manufacturer's internet site and look for application notes.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.