Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting and passing data in CPLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

linam

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Is it possible to get 8 bit input data with 25 Mhz frequency and convert the data after 6 cycle to 48 bit output data at 20 Mhz frequency using x95 CPLD families?

Hi,

Your question is not clear. There aresome issues:

If your input data rate is 8 bits with 25MHz....and you convert it to 48bit wide..then it is exactely with 4.1667MHz averaged.
You may have burst with 20MHz, but thats a problem of a FIFO buffer.

Are both clocks generated from the same clock source...and therefore they can be considered to be synchronous every 5th/4th clock?
Or are the not synchronous at all.

If not synchronous: Who is generating both clocks and how do you ensure they come to exactely the same data_bit_rate?

Please show a diagram of your data flow with all involved signals.

Klaus

Hi Klaus,
thanks for replying

input and output clk are synchronous and I should create 20 Mhz clk from the input clk. Input clk come from external 25 mhz oscillator. In fact, I want to obtain 48 bits data with 20 Mhz from 8 bits input data with 25 Mhz frequency. I was wondering if it's possible to use a buffer to handle difference rate of input and output? In addition, can I use pll to make 20 Mhz clk fom 25 Mhz in CPLD?
I inset an image too.
pic1.jpg

The data assignment shown in the picture doesn't fit a 20 MHz output rate unless you implement an interpolation filter. You also need a FPGA series with PLL, XC95 doesn't provide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back