Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] I want a GPS receiver with this specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

shokr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need a GPS receiver that have a high dynamic responce such that:

If I am in a car that is moving by 250 Km/hour, this GPS receiver could show the position accurately at any moment.

Are you know any product has this properties?

Are you know any product has this properties and support GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO/BEIDOU/QZSS: such as MT3333/MT3332 by MediaTek Inc. ?

Most GPS brands are built with OEM modules of few chipset manufacturers, and as far as I know, the "standard" interval between each NMEA sentence is of 1 second, so that for the worst case, with the speed of 250Km/h you would have the measurement effectively made just after 69,4m. Perhaps GPS products are not suited for telemetry applications like that. You could think about a hibrid solution, mixing either GPS and another quick-response sensor.

I meant, to use any kind of sensor with higher resolution ( tachometer, encoder ) to get the instantaneous speed, which could be used to interpolate measurements took from GPS.

I meant, to use any kind of sensor with higher resolution ( tachometer, encoder ) to get the instantaneous speed, which could be used to interpolate measurements took from GPS.

Ok, I will think about it and try this idea.

① How to get the direction? because this idea will be benefit with distance only, for examble:
Suppose at (T1 = 1 s) the the reciver send the position , then at (T2 = 1.25 s): we will see the speed of the car at this interval (V) by the speedmeter, then we get the the distance between (T1) and (T2) by: d = (T2 - T1) * V ,then we adding the distance (d) to the first position to get the position at (T2) , Ok: if the car changes its direction between (T1) and (T2): then the second position we measured will be false.

② Is there any place/compney in the world that produce GPS reciver with an interval between each NMEA sentence less than 1 second?

I don't know any GPS chipset with less than 1 second interval between each sentence. Maybe you could solve that issue by using 2 or more modules working at interleaved intervals, but to be honest I consider this an odd solution.

GPS modules using the MTK MT3339 chipset can update at up to 10 times per second.

r.b.

GPS modules using the MTK MT3339 chipset can update at up to 10 times per second.

r.b.

This what I was searching for, if anyone know any module that can give more than 10 readings per second, it would be better.

if anyone know any module that can give more than 10 readings per second, it would be better.
At the beginning of this thread you were talking about display rate.
Isn't 10 updates per second enough for you ?

At the beginning of this thread you were talking about display rate.
Isn't 10 updates per second enough for you ?

In fact, I am not need it for displaying, but for giving this readings to a controller to do certain proceedings according to readings.

If you want to take the instantaneous speed as you said before, you might be aware that will be required a lot of processing of the uC. Considering that some NMEA sentences have ~75 characters, at 10Hz it would issue something up to 750 serial interrupts per second.

If you want to take the instantaneous speed as you said before, you might be aware that will be required a lot of processing of the uC. Considering that some NMEA sentences have ~75 characters, at 10Hz it would issue something up to 750 serial interrupts per second.

Ok. ,if I face any problem, I will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back