Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

touch switch design ideas needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutthunaveen

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dears

I need design idea in designing a touch switch..
Few days back I saw a touch switch where a copper foil is pasted back side of acrylic and in front side (on acrylic) surface if I touch with finger the light turns ON and OFF. This I saw in YouTube.
I could not identify what is the analog or digital circuits behind the acrylic and copper foil pasted.

I can develop PIC based lamp on off using a tact switch. But I need some ideas to design touch switch (like I saw in YouTube) which will be neat and surfaces will be with some designs or acrylic to look neat. If we can make one switch I can make a matrix of switches too.. it will be quite neat and representable.

Any ideas?? Please welcome.

Hi,

look for capacitive switches.
They only need a electrode behind plastic ... if you touch the front side of the plastic, then the capacitance changes and the switch gets activated.

Klaus

hmm..
interesting. any particular proven ICs?? if you know.. please

google will work but someone whos knowledge if share it will be quick and proven.

thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm..
interesting. any particular proven ICs?? if you know.. please

google will work but someone whos knowledge if share it will be quick and proven.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.