Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Create a macro out of the cells that makes a sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marjang

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one,

I want to place some sensors all over my chip, but I do not know how it is possible to do so in IC compiler. For example there are about 100 sensors, I need to place them at different locations on the chip. My question is, how I can create a macro or a blockage out of each of these sensors? I cannot find any command that can create a macro out of the cells that make each of the sensors. I am not even sure where should I create these macros? After synthesis or during place and route? Has any one done similar job to what I have to do?
I am not sure if I am clear enough or not. For more details, I can mention memory macros as an example. I need to have some thing similar to memory macros that has all the required information inside them and we are able to place them wherever we want. I should create some thing similar to memory macros but from these sensors.

Please let me know if I have to specify my question more clearly.
Thanks in advance.

Hello every one,

I want to place some sensors all over my chip, but I do not know how it is possible to do so in IC compiler. For example there are about 100 sensors, I need to place them at different locations on the chip. My question is, how I can create a macro or a blockage out of each of these sensors? I cannot find any command that can create a macro out of the cells that make each of the sensors. I am not even sure where should I create these macros? After synthesis or during place and route? Has any one done similar job to what I have to do?
I am not sure if I am clear enough or not. For more details, I can mention memory macros as an example. I need to have some thing similar to memory macros that has all the required information inside them and we are able to place them wherever we want. I should create some thing similar to memory macros but from these sensors.

Please let me know if I have to specify my question more clearly.
Thanks in advance.

use something like cadence virtuoso + abstract generator to create macros.

use something like cadence virtuoso + abstract generator to create macros.

Thanks for giving me some hints. I will look into it to find out how I can generate the abstract. But may I ask if I will be able to import these abstract views into the IC compiler to work on them? Or I should do place and route in Cadence tool?

Thanks for giving me some hints. I will look into it to find out how I can generate the abstract. But may I ask if I will be able to import these abstract views into the IC compiler to work on them? Or I should do place and route in Cadence tool?

in cadence enviroment you will generate a LEF file. there are ways to import that and make it a milkyway cell

Do you know what is the equivalent tool in synopsys? Since we are doing every thing in synopsys tool, we prefer to create macros with the same tool as well.

If there is no tool in synopsys that can do this job, is it possible to import the layout and design files from synopsys to the virtouso and create the macro and use them back in IC compiler?

You can use the create_macro_fram command in IC Compiler to create a FRAM view in your milkyway library for the macros. Then just use the milkyway library as a reference in your chip level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back