Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Lumped RLC dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimalakooti

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am simulating a design based on the lumped L and C and when I use different dimensions for them in hfss, I get different results (frequency shift or wrong results).

The packaging sizes are fixed like 0402 and 0603. However, in my case if I use the different packaging sizes with same values of inductance and capacitances, I get different results.

Please help me.

Hi all,

I am simulating a design based on the lumped L and C and when I use different dimensions for them in hfss, I get different results (frequency shift or wrong results).

The packaging sizes are fixed like 0402 and 0603. However, in my case if I use the different packaging sizes with same values of inductance and capacitances, I get different results.

Please help me.

Should I use modeler--> surface--> detach face for the sheet I am drawing?

Any sheet will do. I typically draw sheets from scratch and use those.

The sheet dimensions will change its properties. That's correct, and based on the field properties that the boundary condition enforces. In order to determine the exact component values, you should try extracting it from a more complicated setup, such as a scattering simulation.

Any sheet will do. I typically draw sheets from scratch and use those.

The sheet dimensions will change its properties. That's correct, and based on the field properties that the boundary condition enforces. In order to determine the exact component values, you should try extracting it from a more complicated setup, such as a scattering simulation.

What do u mean by more complicated setup such as scattering simulation?

For example, inserting a lumped component in series with a transmission line. Determining the scattering parameters and then de-embedding the TL out will give you the scattering of the component on its own, from which you can determine its properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.