Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between Guidelines , Analog and Recommended rules in TSMC 28nm DRC deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanketp20

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am looking at 28nm DRC deck and for DFM rules, I see different sections like "Recommended" , "Guidelines" , "Analog" etc.
What is the difference between these sections ? Specifically what is the difference between "Recommended" and "Guidelines" ? I appreciate your insight on this.

Thanks
sam

Specifically what is the difference between "Recommended" and "Guidelines"?
I'd think "Guidelines" characterizes the min. rules for DFM, whereas "Recommended" shows possibilities for achieving higher yield (mainly by trading silicon area).

I'd think "Guidelines" characterizes the min. rules for DFM, whereas "Recommended" shows possibilities for achieving higher yield (mainly by trading silicon area).

And Analog rules will invoke DRC rules unique to analog circuits such as diff pairs and current mirrors. You may be required to draw a special layer over these circuits to identify them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back