Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Notification alert issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

thannara123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Notification alert will not change after seeing it .
And also shows notification alert even if I post a reply

Hi,

I've been having the same two problems for a couple of weeks now. There's also another one I get with a notification that will not go away no matter how often I click on save changes...

I too see similar things for the past couple weeks:

a) 'New post' notifications lingering upwards of an hour even after I visit the thread.

b) 'New post' notification after I post a message.

Hi,

Is this bug about notifications lingering being corrected? It's still happening on my account.

Also, has anyone else received a questionable/spammy "friend request" from a PCB vendor in recent weeks, a vendor whose only posts appear to be about their services/products? I have one from them that will not leave my notification board, and clicking on "reject" then "save changes" doesn't work - no matter how many times I've tried; I think it's been there about a month now. Good Lord.

I used the contact us form about two weeks ago but no-one has got back to me about it yet. It's not malware or something, is it? Edaboard seems to be functioning erratically since then - for example, not loading thread pages quite often.

Here's something worth trying:
Click the tab 'Forum Actions'. Select the item 'Mark forums read'. It was successful for clearing my notifications.

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that but have had no luck getting rid of the festering notification. Thanks all the same.

Also, has anyone else received a questionable/spammy "friend request" from a PCB vendor in recent weeks, a vendor whose only posts appear to be about their services/products? I have one from them that will not leave my notification board, and clicking on "reject" then "save changes" doesn't work - no matter how many times I've tried; I think it's been there about a month now. Good Lord.

Yeah, I got one of those spammy friend requests and immediately banned them as they had just joined to spam their friend requests.

Unfortunately it may be that the now banned account doesn't allow you to remove the friend request, perhaps? Even though I'm one of the moderators, I have no insight into the forums inner workings.

Who is this spammy friend request that you can't delete from?

Hi,

There's a possibility the problem was in fact a - cough, cough - user-generated error: I've just managed to get rid of the notification by checking the Kindsail person's friend request and then checking the reject radio button before saving changes. I'm wondering if every other time I had failed to notice that the member's tick/check box wasn't already marked... Thanks all the same, ads-ee.

I've done exactly the same thing in the past, so join the club ;-)

please "'New post' notification after I post a message. " please inform the admin .

Status
Not open for further replies.