Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Installing xilinx system generator in MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serwan Bamerni

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone

I have a simple question, how can I install Xilinx system generator in Matlab Simulink

Is it true that the only way is to install ISE design suite

is there any other method

thank you in advance

Sorry but which forum is more suitable for such question

I have a simple question, how can I install Xilinx system generator in Matlab Simulink

Is it true that the only way is to install ISE design suite

Although I have never used it, but as Xilinx system generator is a Xilinx product so I think ISE needs to be installed.
That being said, ISE is too old. Engineers currently use the Vivado design suite (free web version is available).

If you have Matlab installed in your system, then while installing Vivado (or perhaps ISE also), if you have already chosen the necessary installation options, I think it will install the 'Xilinx system generator' or whatever equivalent of it in Vivado. Just try it out!

Thank you for your answer

you are right ISE is old nut the problem Vivado don't support most our FPGA like Spartan 6 and vivado support only FPGA 7 and higher

About installing vivado, I do that but I didn't recognize any option for installing Matlab system generator (wish Xilinx don't give up this application also like many other application)

I hoped to find a speared file that help to install Xilinx system generator

I would say stick to ISE, since you want to use Spartan6.
Install Matlab with all the components you need FIRST.
Then install ISE and make sure the option for Xilinx system generator is checked during installation.

If the Xilinx side does not detect the Matlab installation, look for ways from the Matlab side to detect the ISE/Xilinx system generator installation.

Is this what you want ?

I opened up Matlab, then Add-Ons -> Get Hardware Support Packages -> follow the steps and find Xilinx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back