Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Via Fence and Guard Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

def_rain

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to apply the "Via Fence and Guard Ring" in my PCB.

Analog Devices in its APPLICATION NOTE AN-0971 (page 9) recommends the use of a "Via Fence and Guard Ring".
Noise on the power and ground planes that reaches the edge of a circuit board can radiate. If the edge is treated with a shielding structure, the noise is reflected back into the interplane space. This can increase thevoltage noise on the planes but reduces edge radiation.

A stitching capacitor ( C163 ) between the primary and secondary side of the Digital Isolators (with isoPower inside) to reduce the Input-to-output dipole radiation.

Steck:
1 layers: TOP-GND-sign
2 layers: GND
3 layers: PWR-3.3V
4 layers: PWR-5.0V
5 layers: GND-sign
6 layers: BOT-GND

1 and 2 layers (TOP-GND-sign and PWR-3.3V)

2 layers: GND

I have a question: Is it possible to make a via fencing under the package of the chip in the insulating gap (as I do in the pictures)? Note that the narrowest point in the gap is the stitching capacitor.
I need your recommendations and criticism of my PCB, in which I applied these methods.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

changes:

Looks good to me.
You could move ADUM5010 to the right - away from the edge of the PCB since this is the most "noise-producing" component.
Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back