Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus 8 pcb design issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

meche

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have finished designing a circuit using Proteus. The pcb layout is good . I etched the pcb but discovered some mistakes. I did some adjustment to the design and after printing and etching again, I discovered that my pic16f84a footprint is now longer than the first time.

What could I have done wrong because the first time I printed the pcb layout, the pic16f84a IC matched its footprint. But it didn't match at the second print. The package I used is DIL18.

Proteus 8 pcb design issues
The question is likely not related to the CAD itself, but rather to the output you have directed to print the layers, which maybe were not scaled to a 1:1 ratio.

Please can you direct me on how to do a 1:1 output scaling in Proteus. Thanks.

If we are talking about the same subject, you are using Proteus ARES.
And if you made the print from this CAD, how are you not being able to find this setting ?

Ares.png

Sorry about that. I have always made my print from output - export graphics instead of print layout.

At least for me it is still unclear what difference do you see on "printing from output" from the process described above. The only other way I see you might have done it would be via "Generate Gerber Files" but in this case it would make no sense to expect any change in scale since in the CAM files the size information is explicitly defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back