Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the drain current of E-MOSFET in feedback bias circuit shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanjKrish

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
emosfet.jpg
What is the drain current of the above circuit?

Attachments

• Screenshot (268).png
    Screenshot (268).png
    360.2 KB · Views: 75

Hi,

I must be missing something here. 1K = 4mA, so possibly 4K = 1mA.

I must be missing something here. 1K = 4mA, so possibly 4K = 1mA.

Don't think so. I believe the exercise problem wants you to apply an ideal quadratic MOSFET characteristic.

Id = c *(Vgs -Vth)²

- - - Updated - - -

Get Id around 1.4 mA

It is a dumb question because you do not select a Mosfet's threshold voltage, you get whatever they have. The threshold voltage for most Mosfets is when its drain current is only 0.25mA so it is almost turned off. With a 4k drain resistor than I think the drain current will be 1mA.

Surely Id is > 1 mA because Vgs@1mA < Vgs@4mA. You need to solve a quadratic equation to get the exact value.

Like most exercise problems, it's not about designing with real MOSFET, type variations etc. Just assuming Vth of exactly 2V and an ideal quadratic characteristic.

I got only the answer keywhich says its 1.4mA as said by FvM. Nw i understand hw to solve it.. Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back