Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF power calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

arr_baobao

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need to calculate the maximum RF power(dbm) from my device from the limit given in the picture below:
The device is 3m away and the limit is given in dB(μV/m).
Am i correct to used the llimit given multiple by 3 ( 3M away) then convert the dB(μV/m) value to dbm ?
Capture.JPG

Am I correct to used the llimit given multiple by 3 ( 3M away) then convert the dB(μV/m) value to dBm ?
No. To calculate the field strength, you'll need to know the gain of transmitting antenna and put in free field impedance. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipole_field_strength_in_free_space

- - - Updated - - -

In case of a dipole transmitter antenna, you need about -57 dBm (2 nW) to achieve 40 dBµV/m @ 3m.

Hi

I need to calculate the maximum RF power(dbm) from my device from the limit given in the picture below:
The device is 3m away and the limit is given in dB(μV/m).
Am i correct to used the llimit given multiple by 3 ( 3M away) then convert the dB(μV/m) value to dbm ?
View attachment 139648

These limits are specifically given for spurious emissions and not for the carrier frequency.

These limits are specifically given for spurious emissions and not for the carrier frequency.

Possible to calculate with addition of free space air loss to estimate the figure?

Free space loss formula gives you the received power with antennas of specific gain. Need to put in receiver antenna factor to calculate field strength. The approach quoted in post #2 calculates field strength directly.

Free space loss formula gives you the received power with antennas of specific gain. Need to put in receiver antenna factor to calculate field strength. The approach quoted in post #2 calculates field strength directly.

Any link for free space loss formula for different frequency range?
thanks

Try this link **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back