Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] scan chain clock waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1caw ex ua6bqg

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all! I am a student, and now I am study digital design in my university.
Could you, please, explain me the difference between clock waveform during the scan test mode and normal mode? I mean duty cycle difference:

normal mode:
Code:
[I]create_clock -period 100 -name clk -waveform {0 50};[/I]
scan test mode:
Code:
[I]set_dtf_signal -view existing_dft -type ScanClock -port clk -timing {45 50};[/I]
So, why we should use different waveforms?

Thank you very much!

Hi all! I am a student, and now I am study digital design in my university.
Could you, please, explain me the difference between clock waveform during the scan test mode and normal mode? I mean duty cycle difference:

normal mode:
Code:
[I]create_clock -period 100 -name clk -waveform {0 50};[/I]
scan test mode:
Code:
[I]set_dtf_signal -view existing_dft -type ScanClock -port clk -timing {45 50};[/I]
So, why we should use different waveforms?

Thank you very much!

Not sure. Where did you get this from?

Hi, thank you for your answer!
Actually, I saw it on our example script from teacher during presentation and also in some posts on this forum.
So, the question is why duty cycle can be different?....

Hi, thank you for your answer!
Actually, I saw it on our example script from teacher during presentation and also in some posts on this forum.
So, the question is why duty cycle can be different?....

Test doesn't have to run at the same frequency of functionality, so the clock period can be different. The duty cycle shouldn't matter unless you are doing something funky to stress the flip-flops.

Thank you!
I understand information about clock frequency? but for duty cycle - I saw it in many scripts in the internet and thats why I was confused.
Can you, please, give me more information about "stress the flip-flop"? Is it related with STA or power?
Thank you in advance.

Can you, please, give me more information about "stress the flip-flop"? Is it related with STA or power?

More likely something to do with checking minimum pulse width operation for whatever reason. As this would "stress" the flip-flop with worst case pulse width seen in actual operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back