Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] How to write an EEPROM IC M27C256B on PICkit 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enny

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Have gone through all the eeprom families on mplab x ide but I couldn't find the particular type of m27c256b-12f1. I really don't understand how to connect the EEPROM IC to the PICkit having gone through the signal names, I discovered that the m27c256b-12f1 EEPROM IC only have the Vpp, Vss & Vcc. I can't figure out exactly which of the pins the programming data and programming clock will be connected to to write the programs of the EEPROM.

Hi,

Are you looking for a serial interface? There is none.
It is a parallel EEPROM. Read it's datasheet, it tells you the programming sequence ad timing.

Klaus

Does it mean that there's no way out of selecting the particular EEPROM m27c256b-12f1 on all the IC families?.. Have gone through the programming sequence yet I couldn't find my way out. Why I really needed to solve this problem is because I want to copy out the existing codes into another m27c256b-12f1 and do same to about 3 EEPROM. Am stucked dont know what else to do.

There is a clue in the name "Pickit", it's primarily for programming PIC processors but it can also program serial memories made by the same company. It isn't an EPROM programmer, and it certainly can't program devices that need parallel data and address buses.

You need a general purpose EPROM programmer, not a Pickit.

Brian.

This very helpful, I will order for the general purpose EEPROM programmer. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.